Tuesday, June 26, 2007

95 degrees...HOT!

Summer is here, we have lots of sun and 95 degree heat, which means it's time to drink a lot of Cliff Shot! This is a huge change from Saturdays weather, I woke up Saturday morning to a brisk 54 degrees. The cooler weather however made my training session much more enjoyable, and Saturdays training was something I had been looking forward to all week. I started my run at 7:30 in the morning, ran from Bolton to Waterbury and back, to meet with my dad, together my dad and I ran up Bolton.
For a few years now my dad and I have been battling it out at Bolton, my dad however trains to race up Bolton as where I train to race in the winter. This was the first Bolton climb of the season for the both of us, we both did really well and ran the entire way. The first climb of the year is always a little bit daunting, and usually makes you feel defeated. Nothing gets to me more than having to walk during one of my "runs".
As for Josh, he is racing really well and getting ready for some really big races. Here is a post about a race he did last week, you can check out other posts at this website: http://www.rigoniusa.com/team/blog/email.shtml

"Dillon Wins Housatonic Classic Road Race, June 17
Josh Dillon was determined to make Sunday’s race the second team win in a row, and he bided his time before putting in a powerful race-winning attack on the final climb. The plan for the 80 mile race was be attentive at the front to make sure nothing escaped without representation from the team. Will Rifflemacher and Todd Nordblom were the most aggressive riders for Fiordifrutta, but despite numerous attempts a break would not succeed on the day.
In the final downhill miles before the finishing climb, Rifflemacher pushed a group to a small advantage, but the race came back together and Josh Lipka hit the front to bring Dillon into the finishing climb. Once the climb began, Dillon immediately attacked solo, while Marzot and Driscoll marked the chasing group. Dillon stayed away for a solo victory, with Driscoll sprinting in for 2nd and Marzot in 4th. It was a dominating performance for Fiordifrutta with 3 other riders in the top twenty as well: Brooks-12th, Peck-15th, Rifflemacher-18th."

No comments: