Monday, July 9, 2007

The rath of Mt. Washington!
















Oh how beautiful the White Mountain Range is! This past weekend we went to Jackson, NH for the Mt. Washington Auto road hill climb. Josh and his teammate Todd were going to race but unfortunately the race was postponed on Saturday until Sunday, and than Sunday morning it was cancelled. My dad and I however still got in some good running on some very nice rolling terrain. All the hill climbing and descending left my dad and I a little sore, so we went to some falls to sit in the freezing rushing water.
For the first time ever I did a "Vermonters" strength workout, once stuck in NH I had to find a way to get my training done, with no gym I ended up doing my strength workout in the rain on a porch with logs of wood. I found myself to be very sore once I was done, either I am not working as hard in the gym or my logs of wood were heavier than my weights.
Above you can see some pictures at the falls and a really cool looking moth that my dad found.
Sad that the race was cancelled, but the four of us still had a really good weekend with lots of fun down time and great food.



No comments: