Sunday, July 22, 2007

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome

A fancy way of saying I have overuse/overload symptoms in my knee. My knees hurt and crack like no other right now...at night when I sneak down the stairs for a glass of water (or a bowl of cereal) when all else is quite, you can hear my knees crackle, they are so loud sometimes I am worried it will wake everyone in the neighbor hood up.

I decided this pain, and cracking was becoming a serious issue and decided to go and see our physical therapists, there is hope at the end of the tunnel, with lots of stretching, ice, taping and orthotics...not to mention rest (rest for me means I will do everything besides running for the next six weeks). I am very bummed about not being able to run, means I will miss my camp at the Olympic Training Center at the end of this month, I have been looking forward to going to this camp all summer long!

On a good note, I will be biking and roller-skiing up a storm, I still have the best days of summer ahead of me. Talking about roller-skiing, I did my first roller-ski race this past weekend. The first of the NENSA roller ski race series in New Durham, NH. The course was GREAT, very tough with a few hills at 12%, I had a great time, got in a very good workout and got to take home a Blue Berry pie...it was the BEST pie I have ever had in my life!

No comments: