Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 National Championships

Anja Jokela and I are out here in Houghton, MI now. Relaxing, all we did today was go for a short am wake up jog, ate breakfast, went skiing than came home, and ate lunch. After lunch I did a little work on the computer while she practiced her violin, I have to say it was very pleasant to listen to her play while I was working. Anja was practicing Shostacovich, she says: "It's an AWESOME piece!" I would have to say I concur. Shostacovich, wrote a lot of his great music in a concentration camp in Germany...amazing!

I am very lucky with all the support I have this year with Madshus, currently while I am sitting here drinking hot chocolate, and typing way in the warm house Perter Hale, the Madshus rep. is out waxing my skis.

First race is tomorrow, 5k skate. This is the biggest nationals has ever been with a whopping 450 people here. I am very excited to race tomorrow with the great course that we have. There are a few technical turns at the bottom of some long downhills which I like, my skis seem work really well for me when it gets technical!

Well it's New Years Eve and I will keep everyone posted on how the first races goes for 2008! Nothing like the first races of 2008 being the hardest!

No comments: