Monday, September 24, 2007

Stupid is as stupid does!

That was the only thing I could think to myself half way up Bolton for the Catamount trail hill climb race: "stupid is as stupid does."

Two weeks prior to racing I sprained my ankle, and it was doing much better until I decided I was healed enough (after only two weeks...come on) to run up 7k on a trail with big lose rocks. I did however make it to the top, or what other people who were able to race call the "finish"

I did it in a very slow fashion, after sitting on the side of the trail for 5 min with thoughts on how the hell am I going to let my mom, whom is at the top know I am really ok, that the only thing that hurts is my ankle. After I got up I decided to try and run it off towards the lift, if the pain was going to get worse I was going to get on the lift and ride up to the finish. The pain didn't get worse so I decided to keep running!

I have been an athlete my entire life, and this has by far been one of the stupidest things I have ever done. Doing a running race on a sprained ankle; so of course all I could think to myself the rest of the way up is: "stupid is as stupid does!" All and all I am lucky that I am doing better today a week later, but it was still VERY stupid.

Training even with the sprained ankle has been going well, this week I am doing my hard week of my cycle. Last week I trained a little too much intensity to keep my hours up so this week I have to keep that in mind. I find it VERY hard to train lots of intensity along with high hours, so I better do a good job fallowing my "program" this week.

Something to be excited about, winter is coming and I have seen a few pictures with some new snow. All from out west but snow is snow, hopefully since they are starting to get it out west we will start getting snow here out east soon.

No comments: